Riverbond™ is a non-absorbable surgical suture composed of polyethylene terepthalate. The braided suture is available uncoated or coated uniformly with silicone to increase surface lubricity, thereby enhancing handling characteristics, ease of passage through tissue, and knot run-down properties.
- Excellent tensile strength and knotted Security
- Maximum security in approximation of tissues under stress conditions;
- Permanent support (low to minimal loss of tensile strength)
- Maximum security with prosthetic implants;
- Coated for Smooth flow through tissue and enhanced knot run-down properties
Polyester suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic, orthopedic and neurological procedures.
Polyester suture elicits a minimal acute inflammatory reaction in tissues, followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue.
Polyester suture is non-absorbable and there is no known significant change in tensile strength retention to occur in vivo.
Riverbond™ suture is supplied sterile in precut lengths attached to various needle types in one-dozen boxes, or non-needled.