HS Fiber® is a non-absorbable braided sterile surgical suture prepared from fibers of ultra high molecular weight, long-chain linear polyethylene.
- New R2F™ round-to-flat suture braid construction for ultra low profile and max strength
- New colors and patterns - solid black and blue
- Inter-locking core technology provides all fiber configurations with a sturdy core within center of the suture to act as a backbone for better knot tying and handling characteristics
- Excellent strength: stronger than steel on a weighted basis
- High flex strength
- More abrasion resistance when compared to polyester
- E-braid construction for better handling and excellent knot strength
- Vibrant tracer colors with tri-axial patterns for enhanced visibility
Indications: HS Fiber® sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation and the use of allograft tissues for orthopedic surgeries, but are not for use in cardiovascular procedures. HS Fiber sutures are intended for one-time use only, and are not to be re-sterilized.
HS Fiber® sutures elicit a minimal inflammatory reaction in tissues, followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue. HS Fiber® suture is non-absorbable and there are no significant changes in tensile strength retention known to occur in vivo.
Ethylene oxide is recommended for UHMWPE suture.
Gamma sterilization is not recommended due to potential loss of suture strength.
HS Fiber® is available needled or non-needle in pre-cut lengths. Order Sterile in one dozen boxes or on a custom bulk or spool to customer specifications.