PDM Plus™ is an anti-bacterial coated synthetic absorbable monofilament suture made of polydioxanone (PDO).
PDM Plus™ Characteristics
- Extended retention strength.
- Superb handling with exceptional suppleness, and excellent knot security.
- Monofilament sutures are non-wicking, which helps to reduce bacterial migration along suture line.
- Violet color allows for better visibility during surgery.
- High tensile strength throughout the critical wound healing period.
- Excellent knot security and tie down
- Superb handling—Smooth Tissue Passage
- Lower Incidence of Infection and Trauma due to Smooth Surface
- Reliable absorption profile
- Meets or exceeds the USP & EP standards
Polydioxanone monofilament synthetic absorbable suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in pediatric cardiovascular tissue where growth is expected to occur and ophthalmic surgery other than contact with the cornea and/or sclera. Polydioxanone suture is not indicated for use in adult cardiovascular tissue, microsurgery, and or neural tissue. PDM® Plus suture is particularly applicable when extended wound support and the combination of an absorbable suture is desirable.
PDM® Plus suture may elicit a minimal acute inflammatory reaction in tissues, followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue. Loss of tensile strength is progressive and absorption of PDM® Plus sutures occurs by means of hydrolysis.
The retention strength of PDM® Plus is more than 80% of the initial strength after 14 days and approximately 65% at 28 days.
Absorption begins as a gradual loss of tensile strength without appreciable loss of mass. Absorption of PDM® Plus sutures is minimal until about the 9 weeks after implant and is essentially complete within 6-8 months.
PDM® Plus suture is supplied sterile in precut lengths attached to various needle types in one-dozen boxes, also available precut non-needled.
All cassette's are Veterinary Use Only.
*This product is Veterinary Use Only